Call for Papers #2
‘The Writer and his Object’: Jan Patočka, Art and Engagement
As part of a five-day event to mark the 110th anniversary of Jan Patočka’s birth, the 40th anniversary of his death and the publication of the Charter 77 human rights declaration in Czechoslovakia, the Centre d’Etudes Tchèques, Université Libre de Bruxelles, is organizing a one-day event dedicated to the contribution of Jan Patočka’s phenomenological thinking to the theory of interpretation and to the theory of art in general. At the same time, we want to invite colleagues to initiate a discussion on the ‘engagé’ dimension of Jan Patočka’s writing.
We welcome paper proposals on topics such as:
• Patočka’s interpretations and thinking on art and aesthetics
• Papers focusing on specific texts, links and parallels between Patočka’s thinking and works of particular artists and writers
• Sociocultural and historical aspects/circumstances of Patočka’s writing on art and thus its potentially ‘engagé’ dimension
• Papers on Patočka’s concept of aesthetic experience
• Papers on Patočka’s phenomenological thinking and its contribution to the theory of interpretation and to aesthetics in general
This call for papers is closed. For further queries, please contact email@example.com.