Call for Papers #1
Jan Patočka – Phenomenology and the European Heritage
As part of this five-day event to mark the 110th anniversary of Jan Patočka’s birth, the 40th anniversary of his death and the publication of the Charter 77 human rights declaration in Czechoslovakia, the Husserl-Archives: Centre for Phenomenology and Continental Philosophy at KU Leuven will host a philosophical conference to explore Jan Patočka’s phenomenological legacy, May 2 and 4, 2017.
We welcome contributions regarding the following possible topics or any other relevant theme:
● Patocka and the idea of Europe in the philosophy of history (Hegel, Husserl, Heidegger et al.)
● The Greek polis as the cradle of European politics (Arendt, Strauss, Foucault et al.)
● The care for the soul (and the care for death) and the Greek inheritance to Europe.
● Europe or Christianity? Patocka’s radicalization of the Christian heritage
● Europe from its center: the Czech perspective from Mitteleuropa
● Challenging the phenomenological heritage: Patocka’s asubjective phenomenology
Please submit full papers in English (max: 4,000 words) before January 1, 2017. Decisions of accepted papers will be communicated February 1, 2017. Papers as well as queries can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.